Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Iced Pumpkin Cookies


My favorite season is fall and when I think of fall, I think of pumpkin!  These iced pumpkin cookies are so good!  I got the recipes from allrecipes.com (original recipe here) and based on the reviews, I didn't have to change anything.  These cookies are soft and have a cake-like texture, and they are absolutely delicious.  I shared these cookies at work and everyone loved them.  One coworker told me they taste just like Starbuck's pumpkin scones, but I haven't tried those.  However maybe I should make pumpkin scones next?  Enjoy!




Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup plain pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Icing
2 cups powdered sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.  Set aside.


In a stand mixer, beat softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.


Slowly add in dry ingredients.


Drop on baking sheets by tablespoon and flatten slightly.


Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.  


Allow cookies to cool on cooling rack.


While cookies are cooling, prepare icing.  In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, melted butter and vanilla.  Add additional milk if needed to obtain drizzling consistency.


Spoon a little icing on top of each cookie and spread with back of spoon or you can drizzle icing with a fork on each cookie.


Makes about 3 dozen.


Buddy wanted cookies too!