Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pesto Chicken


I love pesto and this is such a simple and quick recipe.  The recipe name says it all, you just need pesto and chicken!  I used my favorite store bought pesto from Costco or you can make your own.   You can click here for my spinach and walnut pesto recipe too.  I did top the pesto chicken with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese just because I had some.  It is great served over a salad for a light, summer meal.  Enjoy!




Pesto Chicken

Ingredients
1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
½ to 1 cup pesto sauce (I used Kirkland’s signature basil pesto from Costco.)

Optional Ingredients
salt and pepper
tomatoes, sliced
mozzarella cheese, shredded


Directions

Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired.

Spread a light layer of pesto on one side of chicken.

Place chicken, pesto side down, in a grill pan, over medium-high heat. 

Spread other side of chicken with a light layer of pesto.

Cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned.


Optional – top each chicken with a slice of tomato and mozzarella cheese.  Cover pan (with lid or foil) for a few minutes until cheese is melted.  


Serves 4 to 6.