Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce


This is my new favorite way to make asparagus!  The balsamic butter sauce is so good!  I came across this Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce from allrecipes.com.  I was a little unsure of it at first but the sauce is wonderful.  It has just the right amount of saltiness with the soy sauce and the balsamic vinegar was sweet and tangy.  I did use a pomegranate flavored balsamic vinegar and it was fine.  Overall a really easy vegetable side dish to prepare.  I made the sauce while the asparagus was baking.  I think I will try the balsamic butter sauce with green beans next because I can see it being great with other veggies.  Enjoy!



Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce

Ingredients
1 bunch of fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
cooking spray


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.

Lightly coat asparagus with cooking spray.  Season with salt and pepper.


Bake asparagus for 12 minutes or until tender.


-->
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter with soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.  Stir to mix well.


Pour sauce over baked asparagus.

 
Serves 2-4.