Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Freezer Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken


This Freezer Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is the last recipe of the 4 freezer slow cooker meals I made for my brother and sister-in-law.  This is also the third slow cooker honey sesame chicken recipe I've made and I love that it is freezer friendly!  Click to check out my first recipe with chicken thighs and my second recipe with chicken breasts.  You could freeze all the ingredients except the flour and roasted sesame seeds. 

Guess what?   My beautiful niece has finally arrived!  My family is so happy and overjoyed to welcome baby Lily.   The look on my mom's face meeting her first grandchild was priceless.  And it was love at first sight for everyone in our family and she is absolutely adorable!  I know my brother and his wife are going to be great parents and I can't wait to be the fun, cool Auntie!



Freezer Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken 

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup honey
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons onion, diced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon cayenne red pepper
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted


Directions

In a bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and seasoning.


Add chicken to sauce.

Place in plastic freezer bags.  Label bags.

Defrost in fridge the night before cooking in slow cooker.  Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.

Remove chicken from the slow cooker.

Whisk 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch into the sauce in the slow cooker to thicken sauce.  Cover and continue to cook for additional 10-15 minutes.

Add chicken back to the sauce and stir to coat chicken with sauce.

Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken.