Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Mousse


I saw an episode of Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network and she made a Chocolate Avocado Mousse.  Here is her original recipe.  It blew my mind to make a mousse with avocados!  This can be a vegan dessert if you use chocolate chips that are vegan - I know Trader Joe's has vegan chocolate chips.  I love TJs!  I did change Giada's recipe a bit since I didn't have any unsweetened almond milk or raspberries to garnish.  I left out the milk and I think it just makes a thicker mousse.  Overall, this was a surprisingly good dessert, chocolatey and creamy.  You can make this for a "healthy" valentine's day dessert or you can make Alton Brown's obviously fattening chocolate mousse haha!


Chocolate Avocado Mousse
 
Ingredients
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 rive avocados, peeled and pitted
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup agave
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt


Directions

Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted.  Stir until chocolate is smooth.  Set aside to cool.

Place the cooled melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor.  Process until smooth and creamy.  Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.


Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. 

Serves 2.