Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken


I don't think this slow cooker shredded chicken can get any easier.  I've seen it on a few other food blogs and I wanted to try it out.  The cooked chicken is easy to shred with just two forks.  The chicken only takes about 3 hours to cook but I left it on for almost 4 hours and it was fine.  I would suggest not going over 4 hours if cooking on high.  This shredded chicken is plain so its great to add into other dishes.  The chicken is perfect if you want to make enchiladas, wraps, salads or soups.  

Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken

Ingredients
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 large pieces)
chicken stock or water


Directions

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.  Add in enough chicken stock or water to cover chicken breasts.


Cook on high for up to 4 hours.  


Shred chicken with 2 forks.