Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Freezer Slow Cooker Honey Chicken


This is my second recipe of the four meals I made for my brother and sister-in-law to prepare them for meals post-baby.  The first recipe was my freezer slow cooker mustard maple chicken.  This freezer slow cooker honey chicken is an update to my first slow cooker honey chicken recipe.  I love that it is a freezer friendly dish and I added bell peppers, onions and carrots this time.  You also don't have to freeze any of these recipes if you want to make it right away too!  Enjoy!

P.S.  We're still waiting for my niece to arrive; she seems to be on asian time (a little late) haha!



Freezer Slow Cooker Honey Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup honey (I used half honey and half agave.)
½ cup soy sauce (I used a low sodium soy sauce.)
½ cup ketchup
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of your favorite seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute.)
¼ cup bell peppers, diced
¼ cup onions, diced
½ cup baby carrots


Directions

In a bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and seasoning.

Add chicken to sauce.  Add in bell peppers, onions and carrots.

Place in plastic freezer bags.  Label bags.

Defrost in fridge the night before cooking in slow cooker.  Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.