Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blueberry Pie


I came across this simple blueberry pie recipe from allrecipes.com, click here for the original recipe.  I mostly followed the recipe but lowered the oven temperature from the original recipe.  Based on the recipe reviews, most said to lower the temperature.  I did let my crust get a little more brown than I probably wanted to but it still tasted delicious.  This is also the first time I made a lattice top pie crust and I followed Simply Recipes tutorial.  It wasn't that hard to do and was surprisingly easy.  I enjoyed this blueberry pie and it tasted even better the next day.  I suggest serving this pie with homemade whipped cream or you can serve it a la mode with some vanilla ice cream. 


Blueberry Pie

Ingredients
1 package Pillsbury ready-made pie dough (2 crusts)
4 cups blueberries
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, stir to mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and blueberries.

Line pie dish with one pie crust.  Pour blueberries into crust.  Dot with butter.

Cut remaining pie crust into ½ inch wide strips (use a pizza cutter for ease).


Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Serves 8.