Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sesame Green Beans


I couldn't stop eating these sesame green beans because they were that good!  I came across the original recipe from allrecipes.com.  This recipe is simple and easy.  I had fresh green beans from the farmers market so I had a few purple colored beans too!  This is a great side dish and I will definitely be making this again.



Sesame Green Beans

Ingredients
1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I used roasted sesame seeds.)
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions

In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.  Add sesame seeds.   Cook until lightly browned.  (I only cooked the sesame seeds for a minute since I had used roasted ones.)


Add in green beans.  Cook for a few minutes until the beans turn bright green.

Next, add in chicken broth, salt and pepper.


Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until beans are tender.


Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates.

Serves 2-4.