Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Corn Pudding


I wanted to test out this Corn Pudding recipe I saw on Food.com because it had great reviews.  (Click here for the link to the original recipe.)  This is a sweet and savory dish that I thought could be great for Thanksgiving.  I actually really enjoyed this corn pudding, who doesn't like corn anyway?  I will be going to a big family potluck Thanksgiving dinner and I wanted to bring at least one or two side dishes.  I posted an unofficial poll on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SophieInTheKitchen.  So far results seem positive! 


Just a quick note on Facebook, if you already like the Sophie in the Kitchen Facebook page, you might not get to see all the updates in your news feed/timeline.  If you want to see all the updates, first make sure you liked the page.  Next, hover over the "Like" button and make sure you checked "Show in News Feed".  You can also click on the settings button and "Add to Interest Lists" or "Add to My Page's Favorites". 


Corn Pudding

Ingredients
1/8 cup sugar
1 ½ tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup heavy whipping cream (You may substitute with half and half.)
¼ cup butter, melted
3 cups frozen whole kernel corn


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  I put it on top of a small baking sheet just to make it easy to move around.


In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.


In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, and melted butter.

Slowly add in dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.

Stir in corn.


Pour into baking dish.  Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden brown on top and set.


Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

Serves 4 to 6.