Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Slow Cooker Berry Bread Pudding


I took a chance during Hurricane Sandy to make a slow cooker meal on Monday!  Luckily I never lost power and I was able to make this slow cooker berry bread pudding.  I really liked this bread pudding but it was a little bit watery when I made it.  Next time I will probably use a little less milk and see how it turns out.   This is such a simple recipe and perfect when you don't want to bake something.  I have eaten this berry bread pudding for dessert and even breakfast already.  It's delicious!  Happy Halloween everyone! 

Slow Cooker Berry Bread Pudding

Ingredients
1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (I used King’s brand, 12 count.)
2 ½ - 3 cups vanilla soy milk (You may use regular milk.)
4 eggs
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ - 3 cups berries (I used diced strawberries and blueberries.)


Directions

Tear sweet rolls into bite size cubes; I tore each sweet roll into 4 pieces.

Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.  Place half the cube rolls into the bottom of the slow cooker.   Top with half the berries.

In a large bowl, whisk together butter, soymilk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.


Pour half the mixture over the bread cubes and berries.  Press bread down to ensure the mixture is being absorbed by the bread.

Layer with remaining bread cubes and berries.  Pour remaining mixture on top.  Press bread down gently.  (Optional – sprinkle some additional sugar on top.)


Cover and cook on low for 3-4  hours.  Turn on high for the last 30 minutes and leave the lid cracked up to let the steam escape.


It will be done when a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.