Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Marinated Flank Steak


This marinated flank steak recipe is simple and flavorful.  The smell of the steak grilling was amazing.  I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com.  I marinated my flank steak for about 2 hours, but the longer you marinate your meat, the more flavor you will add to it.  If you don't have an outdoor grill, you could use a stovetop griddle or a Cusinart Griddler, which is what I have and used.  I know I have been talking about my Griddler lately but I have been trying to use it more often.  I promise I'm not getting paid to endorse it because I am not famous enough to be paid to endorse it.  LOL.  I served this marinated flank steak with a baked sweet potato and my roasted lemony parmesan asparagus (recipe to be posted tomorrow).  This was one awesome dinner!



Marinated Flank Steak

Ingredients
1 pound flank steak
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced (or ½ teaspoon minced garlic)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions

In a shallow glass dish (I used an 8x8 baking dish), mix the oil, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and pepper.   Whisk to mix marinade well.


Place meat in dish with marinade.  Turn meat to coat on both sides.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or more.  (I turned meat halfway through marinade time.)

Preheat grill to medium-high heat (I used my Cusinart Griddler at 400 degrees F at medium-high.)

Spray grill with non-stick spray. Grill meat for 5 minutes per side for medium.  Cook longer if desired for well done.


Allow meat to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.