Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Sauce


I could not stop licking the spoon after making this homemade chocolate sauce.  This is also my first time making homemade chocolate sauce and it was so easy.  I drizzled some of the chocolate sauce over a chocolate bundt cake I made (recipe here).  You could use this sauce on top of ice cream or fruit, or any other desserts that need some extra chocolate.  I stored the extra sauce in a mason jar and will keep it in the fridge.  Also, I can easily reheat it in the microwave when I need it again.  Enjoy! 


Homemade Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, fat-free
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions for Chocolate Sauce

In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, stir together condensed milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.  Do not boil over, but until the chocolate sauce is a smooth consistency.



Allow chocolate sauce to cool slightly. 
Store chocolate sauce in a glass jar and refrigerate.  You can microwave it when needed.