Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Eggless Waffles


Easy like Sunday morning...with Eggless Waffles!  I finally received my waffle plates for my Cuisinart Griddler.  I have been wanting to make my own waffles for awhile now and I finally caved in and bought the waffle plates.  Its actually great since I don't need another appliance to make waffles, I just have to switch out the plates.  I was finally ready to make waffles but then realized I had no eggs.  Major fail on my part!  I realized I didn't get to go to the farmers market last Tuesday due to torrential rain and I usually buy my eggs from an Amish farmer.  So instead I did some online research and realized there were plenty of recipes for waffles with no eggs.  These Eggless Waffles turned out great and I couldn't even taste a difference. 


  
Eggless Waffles

Ingredients
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups milk (I used organic lowfat 1% milk.)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons melted butter

Optional Ingredients
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (I added this to half the batter.)


Directions

In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and sugar.


Add in the remaining ingredients - milk, vegetable oil, water, vanilla and melted butter.


Whisk together until batter is mixed, it will be slightly lumpy. (Optional ingredient, add in chocolate chips last.)


Spray waffle maker with non-stick spray.  Once heated and ready, I used a ¼ measuring cup of batter for each waffle.  Let cook for about 3 to 4 minutes depending on your waffle maker instructions.




Serve warm with butter and/or maple syrup.




 Mmm.....I love Sunday morning waffles!


Buddy likes to sleep in on Sundays...or everyday!