Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Blueberry Cobbler

I saw Money Saving Mom's recipe for a Crockpot Blueberry Cobbler and I knew I had to make it!  I already had 2 pounds of blueberries to use up so this was perfect.  It was super simple to make and came out perfect.  It took me about 2 1/2 hours to bake (or cook) in my slow cooker.  This made about 6 servings.  I did wish I had some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to serve with this but it still tasted great on its own.  You could eat this for dessert or maybe a decadent breakfast :) Enjoy!



Slow Cooker Blueberry Cobbler

Ingredients
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter
3 cups blueberries
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions

Grease slow cooker with butter.


In a bowl, mix flour, ½ cup sugar, salt and baking powder.  Whisk in milk and melted butter to make a batter. 
--> (I melted the butter in the microwave for 45 seconds.)


In a small bowl, mix together blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla.



Pour batter into slow cooker and spread evenly to cover the bottom.


Top batter evenly with the blueberry mixture.


Bake/cook on high for about 2 to 3 hours until done.