Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Puppy Cake


Happy Birthday Ellie! 


I can't believe Ellie is 4 years old today, I remember when she was just a puppy so that's why I made her a peanut butter pumpkin puppy cake.  I modified this recipe from the cake I made for Buddy's 10th birthday.  I know these dogs are spoiled!  Ellie is so lucky today because she is also featured on Pretty Fluffy's Daily Fluffy - http://prettyfluffy.com/2012/08/daily-fluffy-look-at-this-mess/!  How cool is that?  Ellie sure can be a troublemaker sometimes but I love her anyway (and so does her brother Buddy).


Peanut Butter Pumpkin Puppy Cake

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup peanut butter, natural
1/8 cup vegetable oil
½ cup applesauce
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 egg

For the Frosting
½ cup greek yogurt, plain
dog treats for decoration

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.

Add in the remaining ingredients and mix with a spatula.

 
Pour batter into loaf pan.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

 
Cool on a wire rack.  (I cut the cake into the shape of a dog bone with a serrated knife.)



 
Cool completely before frosting.

Frost with plain greek yogurt.  Top with dog treats.




Ellie loves it and so does Buddy!




Mmmmmm!  Happy 4th Birthday Ellie!

Don't forget to check out Ellie on Pretty Fluffy's Daily Fluffy!