Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie 2

Since I'm done traveling for awhile I'm trying to get back to eating healthy again.  I am still loving these green monster smoothies for breakfast or as a healthy snack.  It is so easy to make a large batch to make ahead several smoothies.  This is a slightly varied recipe from my first green monster smoothie recipe.   I added in blueberries and it is a more tart flavor, so I personally like it better with just banana as in my original recipe.  I also freeze extra portions in these Ziploc Twist 'N Loc containers to take to work for breakfast in the mornings.  I usually take one out of the freezer in the morning and set it on the counter while I get ready.   Once I get to my office, I leave it on my desk for an hour to fully defrost.  These green monster smoothies are also dog friendly - my dogs love it as much as I do!

 
Green Monster Smoothie 2

Ingredients
3 cups spinach
1 ½ cups vanilla soy milk
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1 frozen banana, sliced
½ cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey


Directions

Mix all ingredients into a blender or food processor.


Makes about 4 cups.  Serve immediately or freeze.



Buddy and Ellie wait so patiently when they know they are getting something!