Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roasted Veggie Pizza


Yesterday I went to the Crystal City Farmers Market.  I try to go every week whenever possible and it is convenient for me since I work nearby.   It is also where I bought my basil plant a few weeks ago and I am happy to say that it is still alive!  You can get seasonal fruits and vegetables, plants, eggs, meats (bison, chicken, beef, pork), baked goods (breads, cakes, cookies), honey, and other specialty foods.   The bakery stand has delicious cookies too but I didn't buy any this week.  I was trying to be good :)  During this week's visit, I bought broccoli, beets, and a zucchini.  What better way to use up some of the vegetables I got for a roasted veggie pizza.  I already had homemade pizza dough in the freezer that I defrosted in the fridge the previous day. This pizza was delicious and even more tasty with farm fresh veggies!



Roasted Veggie Pizza
Ingredients
homemade pizza dough, recipe here
tomato sauce, recipe here
½ onion, diced
½ zucchini, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt
freshly ground pepper

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Place diced onion, zucchini, bell pepper and broccoli florets onto baking sheet. (Cover baking sheet with foil if you want to reuse the sheet for the pizza.)  Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

 
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes to roast lightly.  Remove vegetables from oven.

Roll out dough and press down onto a greased baking sheet.

 
Spoon tomato sauce onto rolled out pizza dough.


Top with roasted vegetables.  Next top pizza with mozzarella cheese.  I used sliced mozzarella, but you can also used shredded.


 
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges of dough are crisp and cheese is melted.






Enjoy!