Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Kale Chips


I am trying to be more healthy so instead of potato chips, I'm trying kale chips.  I am so surprised that I actually liked these kale chips.   They taste almost like thin potato chips and are salty and crisp.  What is even better is how easy it was to make them.  I bought the kale from the farmers' market at $2.00 for a large bunch.  I actually only needed to use half the bunch from the market for these chips.  You might not miss the potato chips too much once you try these kale chips!   


Kale Chips

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Remove leaves from ribs and stems of kale.


Cut or tear into 2 inch pieces.  Lay on a baking sheet.


Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper.  Toss kale while on baking sheet.


Bake for about 20 minutes.  Turn leaves halfway through.



Season with additional salt if desired.