Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hasselback Potatoes


Doesn't the hasselback potato actually look pretty?  I have seen these potatoes all over pinterest and food blogs lately.  I finally decided I had to have one for dinner.   It's like a fancy baked potato and even more delicious.  They were surprisingly easy to make.  Since I used butter with the potatoes, I topped my potato with steamed broccoli, greek yogurt and a little shredded cheese to be somewhat healthy.  This is also the first time I have tried to replace sour cream with greek yogurt and I didn't notice a difference.  I even think the greek yogurt tastes better!  You can impress your next dinner guests by making hasselback potatoes in place of regular baked potatoes.  Enjoy!



Hasselback Potatoes

Ingredients
baking potatoes, medium sized
butter (I used Kerrygold Irish butter.)
salt
freshly ground black pepper

 
Optional Toppings
steamed broccoli
greek yogurt (I used Fage Greek yogurt.)
shredded cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Clean potatoes but leave the skin on.

Place potato on a cutting board and start making slices at ¼ inch intervals, cutting almost all the way through, from one end of the potato.


I placed 2 chopsticks, one on either side of the potato to use as a guide so I wouldn’t cut the slice all the way through. 

After you finish slicing, scatter some butter in between the slices and on top of the potatoes.


Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, until potatoes turn crispy and are cooked all the way through.


Top with your favorite toppings.  


 
Serving size is 1 potato per person.