Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


One of my more recent favorite vegetables are brussels sprouts and the only way I will eat them is if they are roasted.  When you roast them, they become crispy on the outside while still soft and sweet on the inside.  I usually sprinkle a little extra salt after they come out of the oven too.  I did not grow up eating brussels sprouts at all, but it has become a vegetable that I have been eating the last few years.  If you never tried brussels sprouts or used to hate them, try them roasted - it will change your mind!   I also made these in my convection toaster oven since I wasn't making a big batch.  Enjoy!

 
Ingredients

1 pound brussels sprouts
2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic (optional)

 
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Wash and rinse brussels sprouts.

Trim ends of the brussels sprouts and pull off any  yellow outer leaves.

Slice Brussels sprouts in half.  Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.

 
Lay them on a baking sheet pan.


Roast in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned on the outside and soft on the inside. 

 
Shake the baking sheet pan midway through or turn brussels sprouts over with tongs to brown evenly.

 
Season with additional salt (and pepper) if needed.  Serve immediately.