Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Breakfast Burritos

On a weekday morning, I am usually rushing to get out the door and I never have time to eat breakfast at home.  I already try to pack my lunch (if I have dinner leftovers) and I usually bring my coffee to work in my travel mug or I might stop at Starbucks if I don't have time to make it.  The Starbucks is so convenient at work and I try not to go too often but I do have a "gold" card there with my name on it :P  However, I am usually hungry in the mornings when I get to my office, so I might eat a granola bar or sometimes if I remember to pack some cereal.  But those are not a filling breakfast, and I wanted something easy and simple too.  These breakfast burritos are filling and its easy to make a big batch of these!  After I made them, I let them cool and wrap each one in foil.  I put them in a plastic freezer bag and now I can just take one to work and reheat in the  microwave whenever I want. 



Ingredients

1 onion, diced
3 bell peppers, diced
3 potatoes, shredded (You can use premade shredded potatoes or shred your own like me.)
8 eggs
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon parsley, dried (You may use fresh.)
1 pound bacon, cooked and diced (I just cooked the bacon in the microwave.)
large flour tortillas (burrito sized)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mexican and mozzarella/provolone.)
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons oil (I used vegetable oil.)


Directions

Heat a large skillet with about 2 tablespoons oil.  Add in diced onion and bell peppers.  Cook until soft for a few minutes. 

 
Next, add in shredded potatoes.  You may need to add in an additional tablespoon of oil if it starts getting dry.  Cook until browned.

 
In a bowl, beat the 8 eggs and add milk, also add in salt and pepper to taste.


Pour in the beaten egg mixture to the skillet with the onions, peppers and potatoes.  


Stir until eggs are set and cooked.  Add in diced bacon and stir into egg mixture.



Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions.

Spoon egg mixture down center of tortillas.  Sprinkle with cheese.   Fold tortilla into a burrito.




 Enjoy!  I was able to make 9 burritos ... you could make more if you want to use smaller tortillas.