Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Banana-Strawberry Ice Cream


I have made one ingredient banana ice cream many times and updated the recipe with more tips too.  I finally decided to experiment some more and came up with this healthy banana-strawberry ice cream recipe using only four ingredients!  It is so simple and takes a few minutes to mix together.  With the hot weather in DC lately, this is a perfect dessert or snack.  I hope you try this recipe soon.  Enjoy!


P.S. I gave Buddy and Ellie a little taste and they liked it too!



Banana-Strawberry Ice Cream  

Ingredients

1 banana, sliced and frozen
4 or 5 strawberries, frozen
2 tablespoons greek yogurt (I used Fage Total 2%.)
1 teaspoon honey (optional)

 
Directions

Place all ingredients in the food processor (or blender) and process (or blend).   You may need to scrape down the sides and pulse a few times.  When it looks creamy, it is ready! 

 
Serves 1 or 2 if you feel like sharing :)