Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

UPDATE: One Ingredient Ice Cream

I have finally figured out how to make the one ingredient ice cream better since the first time I made it and posted about it, here is the original posting:   http://sophieinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/03/one-ingredient-ice-cream.html

Here are my tips to making a perfect serving:

1.  Peel and slice 2 ripe bananas and put slices in a freezer bag. 
2.  Keep in freezer overnight, or even for a few days.
3.  Place frozen banana slices in food processor (or blender).  You will have to pulse it longer and probably remove the cover and scrape the sides down.   It might look weird at first but keep pulsing until you get a creamy consistency!  I promise it will be delicious!

The best tip is freezeing the bananas longer than a few hours, it will make the consistency more like ice cream.  I think the first time I made it, it was more like soft serve ice cream.  Now you can see how it looks more creamy and like regular ice cream.  I still enjoy putting in a spoonful of peanut butter when processing and I topped it with some chopped walnuts this time too.





Enjoy :)