Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuna Salad


I wanted to make something that I could easily bring to work with me.  Tuna salad is so simple and versatile.  You can add whatever you want to it, as long as you have tuna and mayonnaise.  I also like that you can eat it with just crackers (I have matzah for Passover this week), or on top of a salad.  


 
Ingredients
2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked (I used solid albacore in water.)
½ cup mayonnaise (I used Hellman’s light.)
1 tablespoon mustard (I used Dijon mustard.)
1 tablespoon capers
2 or 3 celery stalks, chopped
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon paprika


Optional
¼ teaspoon seasoning blend (I used Mrs. Dash’s original blend.)





Directions

For hard-boiled eggs
Put eggs into a pot, fill with cold water and cover with a lid.  Bring water to a boil and turn off the heat.  Set a timer for 15 minutes.  Remove eggs and place in ice water.  They should be easy to peel after that.



 
For the tuna salad
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.  Serve cold over crackers, in a salad, with pasta, or in a sandwich. 




Serves 4-6.  Enjoy!