Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage


I was craving chinese food and what's easier than making some fried rice?  Its always best to use cold, leftover rice (at least a day old) because it will just be too mushy if you used freshly made rice.  I have a rice cooker so I'm always making extra rice to have leftovers.  What can I say?  I'm Chinese and I love rice :)  I clearly don't eat rice every day and my mom thinks I'm crazy if I don't make any rice for my dinners.  Also, what I love about fried rice is you can basically throw it together with anything you have.  You can substitute a different protein if you don't have access to chinese sausage.  As well as any vegetables you prefer, fresh or frozen.  If you haven't made fried rice before, you should try it!  


Ingredients

3 cup rice, leftover
4 chinese sausages, diced (You can substitute any kind of protein available.)
¼ cup frozen peas and carrots
¼ cup frozen corn
3 eggs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoons oil
salt
ground black pepper



 
Directions

In a wok or large frying pan, over medium heat, add in oil and cook diced chinese sausages.



Add in rice and stir well to get it coated in the oil. (You should always use leftover, cold rice!)

 
Add in soy sauce and oyster sauce.

 
Make a well in the rice and add in eggs, one at a time.   Stir to mix in with the rice.


Add in frozen vegetables and stir to mix.


Add salt and pepper to taste.  Enjoy!