Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thin Mint Brownies

I have been wanting to make thin mint brownies for awhile now and since I bought a box (ok...I bought like 3 boxes girl scout cookies) not too long ago outside the local Petsmart.  Normally I see the girl scouts sell cookies outside the local grocery stores, but not this time!   

I have to confess that I did use a boxed brownie mix but you could use your favorite basic brownie recipe instead.   I've seen several different recipes for thin mint brownies and most chop up the thin mints, but I decided to leave them whole.  Minty, fudgy, caramelly, and chocolatey thin mint brownies!  Make them now, you won't regret it, I promise :P



Ingredients
1 package of brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli’s Caramel Turtle brownie mix.)
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¼ cup water
14 thin mint cookies (I used 1 sleeve of cookies with 1 extra to eat!)
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.   Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.  I used a 9”x9” baking pan.  Combine egg, oil, and water in a mixing bowl and blend well.   Add in brownie mix.  Pour half the brownie batter into prepared pan.  Place thin mint cookies in rows over the brownie batter in the pan.   Pour remaining half of brownie batter over the rows of cookies.  Spread evenly.  Since my brownie mix came with a pouch of caramel, I cut a corner of the pouch and squeezed lines of caramel over the top of the brownie batter.   I created a caramel patter by pulling a knife gently through the surface of the batter and caramel.  Bake 30 to 40 minutes.  Cool completely in pan before cutting. 
Yields 16  brownies.