Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

One Ingredient Ice Cream


I got really excited when I read theKitchn post on how to make creamy ice cream with just one ingredient.  I couldn't believe it was just frozen bananas and that it would even taste good, so of course I had to try it.  It was surprisingly good and its healthy!  I've been making this at least once a week since I read about it and now it gives me an excuse to buy extra bananas when grocery shopping!

 
Ingredients
2 or 3 bananas, frozen


Directions

For the ice cream:
You will need a food processor (or a blender).  I already had a few whole bananas frozen in the freezer.  I just peel the frozen bananas under running hot water and cut into pieces.  You could make it even easier for yourself if you peel and cut up the banana(s) and freeze them overnight. 




Just place the cut up frozen banana pieces in the food processor (or blender) and process (or blend).   You may need to scrape down the sides and pulse.  When it looks creamy, it’s ready!

You can add some “extras” if you want, like a spoonful of peanut butter, honey, or chocolate chips.  My favorite is just a spoonful of peanut butter!  Yum :)  Serve immediately.





Serves 1 or 2.